Should a robot be legally considered a person? New legislation proposed in the European Union aims to establish “electronic person-hood” for robots. Many object to this idea, saying it’s far too early to address such things.
So many people treat animals like they are people these days, right? Our pets have their own doctors. We talk to them. We give them favor and laws to protect them. People love their animals. In this same regard, people love their technology. As technology becomes more intelligent and personal and predictive people will become just as attached to their “robots” as one could be attached to a friend.
This poses the question, should we begin to treat these robots like humans?
In my opinion, the reason this is even becoming a ‘thing’ is because robots are increasingly taking over the jobs of humans. So what does this mean for the government? What does this mean for taxes? Unemployment? What if a robot accidentally kills someone? Who is responsible? Who owns the robot? Who is sentenced or fined?
This may not be as far off debate as one might think. Prepare to have an opinion because one day, it will matter.
Now, I will tie this into a creative idea for your project. The beautifully made video below was put together by taking pre-recorded video from NASA and making a story out of it. Does you or your business have pre-recorded footage? Could there possibly be something creative hidden within material you already have for your social media?
At Fannie Mae, my job consists of the following:
* Took business challenges and turned them into opportunities.
* Identify problem areas between cross-functional teams and provide solutions for
* Internal research to identify personas, their workflows, and usage of the design
* Create exceptional media for keynote talks, presentations, and quarterly meetings.
* Consult with development teams on application design decisions.
* Meet with and run studies with external business partners.
* Play a vital role in the development of the companies Design System.
* Create UI Elements for the Blueprint Design System
* In-House motion designer and animator.
Previously, employed at Verizon as a UI / UX Software Engineer:
* Take video concepts and products to market.
* Help define what the product is, looks like, and operates.
*Invent new video technologies.
* Manage designers and relationships between design and other cross-functional
teams and partners, both on-site and abroad.
* Primarily focused on video products for all devices and model designs for all